[LMB] OT: home decor rant

Meg Justus mmegaera at nwlink.com
Sun Sep 30 00:53:23 BST 2007

Kevin:
Now there's  a possible eeeevil fantasy. Imagine winning the lottery or some
such and going house hunting for a house big enough for a room to set up as
a library. Then just making some realtor's life miserable moaning about the
lack of shelf space in today's home and so on.

You don't have to win the lottery.  I officially (she told me so, although
it was in a friendly manner) drove my realtor nuts about bookcase space when
I was shopping for my condo.

There was this one house I still think about and sigh -- beautiful built-in
bookcases lining the living room and one of the bedrooms.  Too bad it was so
close to the railroad tracks that the light fixtures rattled every time a
train went by...

Megaera
whose father always built bookcases first thing after a move