[LMB] OT: home decor rant

Becca Price becca_price at yahoo.com
Sun Sep 30 03:01:24 BST 2007

--- Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

> Kevin:
> Now there's  a possible eeeevil fantasy. Imagine winning the
> lottery or some
> such and going house hunting for a house big enough for a room
> to set up as
> a library.

Many years ago, I had a dream about this: after winning some
sort of lottery, I purchased one of the big old frat houses in
Ann Arbor (home of he University of Michigan) and disappeared
for a year. At the end of that time, I invited all my friends to
a housewarming. Off to the left of the main hall was a huge,
2-story room decked out as a library, with the brass rail and
ladder, huge comfie chairs, and of course floor-to-ceiling
bookshelves.

At the end of all the oohhs, and ahhs, I said: "and that's just
the As."

-becca