[LMB] OT: AKICOTL iPod Screen

queenortart queenortart at gmail.com
Sun Sep 30 22:02:34 BST 2007

I bought a new iPod to listen to audio books in the car. I managed to get
through parts one and two of ACC, and was enjoying it lots.

Then I put it in my handbag and sometime on the way home my screen broke. I
can only assume it was put next to my lipstick. I didn't treat it badly or
drop it or anything. I treated it lke my mobile phone and my PDA, in fact I
treated it better since I had it in a case bought from Apple which looks a
bit like a pink c0ndom. I assumed having bought this from Apple that it was
designed to protect my iPod. I now realise who very stoopid that was of me!

I'm taking it into the engineers tomorrow, having had a bit of a row with
Apple the other day when I took it in and there was no-one to see me.

Now I think that since they don't put a warning in the box that says "Our
screens are crappy and break at the drop of a hat" and they sell something
which is patently unable to protect it from normal use that it's on the
grounds of merchantisable quality, but I'd like other opinion on this. I
don't really want to pay for a replacement since I only had it a week.

Any thoughts?
Cheers
Sue

--
"Life is much more manageable when thought of as a scavenger hunt as opposed
to a surprise party."           Jimmy Buffett