[LMB] OT: on-topic off-topic - cat indifferent need not apply

James Nicoll jdnicoll at panix.com
Wed Apr 2 20:07:21 BST 2008

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008, Mark Allums wrote:

  stray cat moves in

> (I have also had this happen---more than once. -maa)

 	We had a cat from the farm one over do this to us. The cat in
question had been raised with a litter of pups and so had a very confused
idea about what sort of animal it was but it did know we'd let it in and
the neighbors would not (There was an incident where they left it in a
room with a box of day old chicks and were suprised to come home to an
empty box and a pleased looking cat).

 	I used to grab the local feral kittens, tame them and adopt them
out. This left me with all of the ones that couldn't be adopted by anyone
sane.

 	I caught one feral queen showing her kittens around my porch,
which she had apparently figured out could produce food on demand...