[LMB] AKICOT:L - Adobe Reader problems

Bill Johnson bill at prezence.com
Sat Apr 12 15:14:51 BST 2008

On Sat, 12 Apr 2008 07:43:44 -0600
  "William A Wenrich" <wawenri at msn.com> wrote:
<snip>
> However, you can copy the text into another format and
>even split it into
> several files if necessary.
> 1.	Open the PDF fine with Acrobat reader on your PC.
> 2.	Use Edit, Select all to select all of the text.
> 3.	Use control-c to copy it to the buffer.
> 4.	Paste it into whichever format you need.
<snip>

Good idea, and works well on unlocked PDFs. My experience
with rented, loaned, or purchased PDFs is that they are
genereally locked from cut and paste or edit. If thats
they case you have to try the regular pdf to palm
converter (see earlier post) or if that fails, see if they
have a format for your specific machine.

I switched to Windows mobile from Palm for this very
reason. Windows mobile doesn't have to do a conversion.
Large books (I have a couple over 2000 pages) take forever
to convert.

| Bill Johnson             Prezence, Inc.    |
| bill at prezence.com        PO Box  1452      |
| 740-953-0789 Cell        Salem, AR 72576   |
  |801-383-5380 Fax         870-895-4482 Home |