[LMB] TSK: Beguilement re-read, Chapter 6

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Tue Apr 15 14:19:53 BST 2008

In a message dated 4/14/2008 9:11:28 A.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
tadler at yeshivanet.com writes:

> How  many people believed Fawn when she said she was 20? Why?
>
> I  sure did. I've supervised enough 18 through 24 year olds that I  thought
> that 20 was about right based on her work ethic and  self-assurance.
>
> Victoria

M:

I've taught a slightly younger age group--biology, students  ranging in age
from 15 to 19, which contained a series of lessons on  AIDS and s*x education.
Some of the ideas a few of them had were  bizarre--the "You can't get
pregnant the first time" myth was alive and well,  and things like plastic kitchen
wrap being useful as a c*nd*m.  Also that  the girl "jumping up and down after
s*x" would keep pregnancy from  occurring. And these were farm kids from a
rural area.  I wasn't  surprised--I came from a rural area myself, although not a
farm, and had  probably been one of the most naive in the sense that I knew
the facts of life,  but not anything about the actual interaction and social
part of male-female  relationships.

I would have guessed Fawn at between 16 and 18 years old.  Her  knowledge
seemed about right for a 16 year old who was somewhat isolated from  female
friends her age, but her work ethic seemed more like a farm girl of  18 who was
accustomed to helping out around the house like an adult.

Mary

Finance.      (http://money.aol.com/tax?NCID=aolcmp00300000002850)