[LMB] OT: Why I hate American keyboards

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Thu Aug 21 06:45:55 BST 2008

The helpful James with a Cessna writes:

You do realize that more or less every OS in use out there supports
keyboard remapping? I'm fairly certain even on your "American" PC you
can set it to use the Japanese keyboard layout, thus getting your
apostrophe in the right place, as well as the parens.

LOL, thanks for the tip, but I think the hotel guests who used the business center after I was done would be very, very upset if their "American" keyboard was suddenly "Japanese." Well, I suppose I could reset the keyboard after I was done. If I remember this tip next time I'm in the States, I'll give it a try.
Micki