[LMB] OT: AKICOTL - alcohols

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Sat Aug 23 16:57:51 BST 2008

On Fri, 22 Aug 2008 20:14:35 -0700, "Bear Master" <bearmaster0 at gmail.com>
wrote:
>IIRC, a distilled beverage made from grain falls under the
> general heading of "whiskey."  Different whiskies are made
> from different grains, Bourbon from corn, Canadian from rye, Scotch
> from barley.  Some distilleries in the Caucasus region have recently
> begain producing "Russian Whisky" from wheat.

Canadian whisky is actually mostly corn, these days, as are sourmash and Bourbon. It may have a little rye for flavour. Rye whiskies like Alberta Spring and Alberta Premium are favourites of mine, and distilled from rye mash only. (This is not the legal definition, by the way ... but any rye drinker can tell you that Canadian Club ain't it.) See http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Canadian_whisky .

--
B. Ross Ashley http://brashley46.livejournal.com http://brashley46.no-ip.info
"It would be too painful to think that there are worlds somewhere