[LMB] OT: Tea time- Scones

Helen Fenton hifenton at internode.on.net
Thu Aug 28 13:23:28 BST 2008

M. Haller Yamada wrote:
> Scones: I've never had real scones. I've made biscuits that a British guy said tasted like scones, but I wonder if he was being very kind. I've had Starbucks pumpkin scones, but I've heard those aren't terribly authentic.

Micki

If you would be interested I would be happy to send you my grandmother's
scone receipes. She was a fabulous cook . These receipes would date
around 1905-1910 when she was a newlywed. There is a basic receipe for
plain scones (usually served with strawberry jam and cream or hot  with
lashings of butter and jam) - then you add other ingredients to the
basic receipe for savory cheese scones or  sweet date scones or sultana
scones etc.

Anyway if you are interested please let me know - they are incredibly
easy to make.

Helen - who goes back to quietly lurking here in Oz