[LMB] Canadian Tire

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Wed Jan 23 15:20:36 GMT 2008

--- alayne at twobikes.ottawa.on.ca wrote re Canadian Tire:

> They're called that because they started out selling tires -- and then
> expanded.

I really miss the Canadian Tire store that used to be downtown.

> I wouldn't say that CT was like WalMart.

No. For one thing, I like Canadian Tire a lot better for both what they sell and how they sell it.

> They're more like a modern general store, actually: hardware, automotive,
> sports equipment, low-end electronics, kitchen stuff, home repair stuff.
> Almost everything but clothing.

Yup.

> (Must say I never thought anyone outside Canada would be interested in
> CT...)

I was pleased to see last week that they also now sell weights and exercise equipment. Okay, maybe
they have for years, but I didn't know.

namaste,
Elizabeth