[LMB] Anime

Raye Johnsen raye_j at yahoo.com
Mon Jun 2 12:03:11 BST 2008

--- Paula Lieberman <paal at gis.net> wrote:

> I've seen about a third to half of  (bah, can;t
> think of the name of it--it
> doesn;t have Giant Robot, it's  space SF anime, the
> the characters are the
> members of one or more teams out collecting space
> garbage....)

Planetes.  Did you know that when it was being
broadcast, the NASA engineering teams used to get
copies and all sit down and watch it?  They, the
experts in the field, not only couldn't nitpick it,
but rumour has it that they've started investigating
issues in Real Life that came up on the show.

> and will
> eventually watch the rest of it

Do!  Do!  You will not be disappointed.

Raye

raye_j at yahoo.com
http://windtear.livejournal.com
http://www.thejohnsens.com/index.html

I believe in dragons, unicorns, good men
and other mythical creatures.