[LMB] Anime

David McMillan skyefire at skyefire.org
Mon Jun 2 14:17:11 BST 2008

Vincentalienzk at aol.com wrote:
> In a message dated 05/31/2008 7:00:52 AM Eastern Daylight Time,
> lois-bujold-request at lists.herald.co.uk writes:
>
> Am I the only one here who'll admit to enjoying the Dirty Pair? But I'm a
> dirty old man, hee.

	Um... this is just between us, right?  It won't get out?  'cause I do,
too (original, not Flash).
	(I have/had an RPG character who was married to *both* of them (at the
same time, yes), but *not* because he was some kid of Super Macho Guy --
it was because he's Fate's favorite whipping boy.  Plus, his particular
power/skill set made him a good "dampening rod" for the Pair's talent
for inadvertent massive collateral damage.  So it was kind of a shotgun
wedding....)

> One of my players was talking up Dirty Pair, I need to borrow it off of him,
> as we talked about using the 3WA (Welfare Works something Agency, made me
> think of the Social Welfare Agency from Gunslinger Girls) as an organization when
> I run Thousand Suns. Plus, they make me think of Gunsmith Cats and Modesty
> Blaise.

	Gunslinger Girls!  Yes!  Very... sharp-edged, dark and light at the
same time.  Although a lot of people mistook it for just another
girls-with-guns series.  Explores a lot of territory with reasonably
ethical people dealing with the consequences of getting themselves into
a very un-ethical situation, with the best of intentions.
	Gunsmith Cats is one of my favorite manga, but sadly the one animated
OAV really fell flat, to me.

> Vince
>
> Kaylee barreled into Simon and they had to hang on to each other or fall
> down. Wash hopped down the last two steps. "Simon, my boy, Zoe and I have been
> meaning to have this little talk, the one where we tie you up and I reason with
> you, while Zoe just stands there and looks intimidating." He paused, he could
> not help himself. "She does that so well... Anyway, you have got to stop
> blindly running off to rescue River, so that we don't have to blindly run after you,
> to rescue you, too."

	Where's this from?