[LMB] OT: AKICOTLto print an envelope

Jill Tallman lettuce_in_fl at yahoo.com
Tue Jun 3 11:01:10 BST 2008

--- On Tue, 6/3/08, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:

> From: Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com>

> Really, a package of mailing labels is cheap.
>
> And one of the few "the program thinks it knows more
> than I do" features I
> appreciate in Word is being able to choose the label size
> (by the number on
> the label package) from a drop-down menu, type in the
> information I want on
> the label in the resulting form, and voila.
>
> Yeah, Word can be a PITA, but it does have its uses...
>
> Megaera

well, you all forced me to go dust off WP 12, which just happened to come pre-installed on this PC.

First, make sure your printer will handle envelopes; not all of them will. You may have to dig out your manual.

Secondly, in WP 12, go to File|Page Setup. Then choose Envelope #10. There is another available, but that one is the most common.

You should then be able to type in your return address, and then click in the address area and type in your mailing address.

The last time I printed envelopes was ages (years, actually) ago with another printer. As I recall, I had to move the guides around, and put the envelope in lengthwise.

YMMV. HTH.

Jill