[LMB] OT: AKICOTLto print an envelope

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Tue Jun 3 17:14:55 BST 2008

At 06:01 AM 6/3/2008, Jill Tallman wrote:
>--- On Tue, 6/3/08, Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com> wrote:
>
>> From: Meg Justus <mmegaera at nwlink.com>
>
>> Really, a package of mailing labels is cheap.
>>
>> And one of the few "the program thinks it knows more
>> than I do" features I
>> appreciate in Word is being able to choose the label size
>> (by the number on
>> the label package) from a drop-down menu, type in the
>> information I want on
>> the label in the resulting form, and voila.
>>
>> Yeah, Word can be a PITA, but it does have its uses...
>>
>> Megaera
>
>well, you all forced me to go dust off WP 12, which just happened to come pre-installed on this PC.
>
>First, make sure your printer will handle envelopes; not all of them will. You may have to dig out your manual.
>
>Secondly, in WP 12, go to File|Page Setup. Then choose Envelope #10. There is another available, but that one is the most common.
>
>You should then be able to type in your return address, and then click in the address area and type in your mailing address.
>
>The last time I printed envelopes was ages (years, actually) ago with another printer. As I recall, I had to move the guides around, and put the envelope in lengthwise.

I found that, finally.

I printed one copy of the envelope on a sheet of paper, it was easy to see how to load the envelopes after that (as it happened, left edge down, printed side up).

I don't do enough werp work to keep current on how to use it.

My current project is how to print my name and address on a page of Avery return address labels.  Again, I can't figure out how to print more than one label on a page.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net