[LMB] How Many More "Sharing Knife" Books?

Ed Burkhead ed at edburkhead.com
Thu Jun 5 14:22:10 BST 2008

Melanie,

Welcome!

The Sharing Knife series includes:
1.  Beguilement
2.  Legacy
3.  Passage
4.  Horizon (to be published in early 2009)

Don't miss Lois McMaster Bujold's other wonderful books:

If you are an e-book reader, the Vorkosigan Saga books are available (at
very good prices) at http://www.webscription.net/   All Lois's books are
available at http://www.fictionwise.com/home.html

Also, almost all of Lois's books are available in audio books.  I get mine
through http://www.audible.com (Note the prices can be very low if you get a
subscription.  I'm getting my audio books for about $9.67/book.)

The Vorkosigan Saga consisting of about 16 books and long stories, detailed
list below.  This series is future SF and has wonderful characterization,
interesting stories, lots of variety, some action, lots of human
interaction, empathy, romance, pathos, and it qualifies as my favorite set
of books of all time. JMHO.  I'd suggest you start with "Cordelia's Honor"
or, perhaps "Warrior's Apprentice".

The Chalion series is pre-gunpowder fantasy set in a world somewhat like
Spain.  It's a world with real gods (five of them) that interact with the
characters on occasion.  Lois has said she plans a book for each god.  These
books are pretty independent but I'd suggest reading them in the order
published:
The Curse of Chalion
The Paladin of Souls
The Hallowed Hunt
(I'm not much of a fantasy reader, but I did like these and have re-read
them.)

Here's the full list of the Vorkosigan series including information about
the omnibus volumes in which they are currently in print.

Lois McMaster Bujold, The Vorkosigan Saga

The series titles as originally published in the story line chronological
order:
Book 0:         Falling Free   (200 years prequel - can be read anytime)
Book 1:         Shards of Honor
Book 2:         Barrayar
Book 3:         The Warrior's Apprentice
          Story 4:         "The Mountains of Mourning" (in the Library)
          Book 5:         The Vor Game
Book 6:         Cetaganda
Book 7:         Ethan of Athos
Story 8:         "Labyrinth"
Book 9:         "The Borders of Infinity
Book 10:       Brothers in Arms
Book 11:       Mirror Dance
Book 12:       Memory
Book 13:       Komarr
Book 14:       A Civil Campaign
Story 15:       "Winterfair Gifts"
Book 16:       Diplomatic Immunity

Many are available separately.  Some are being sold as omnibus editions -
buying these will get you the entire series:
          Cordelia's Honor
                     Contains:
                               Shards of Honor
                               Barrayar
          Young Miles
                     Contains:
                               The Warrior's Apprentice
                               "The Mountains of Mourning"
                               The Vor Game
          Miles, Mystery and Mayhem
                     Contains:
                               Cetaganda
                               Ethan of Athos
                               "Labyrinth"
          Miles Errant
                     Contains:
                               "Borders of Infinity"
                               Brothers in Arms
                               Mirror Dance
          Memory  (currently not in any omnibus edition)
          Miles in Love
                     Contains:
                               Komarr
                               A Civil Campaign
                               "Winterfair Gifts"
Miles, Mutants and Microbes
                     Contains:
                               Falling Free
                               "Labyrinth"
                               Diplomatic Immunity

Again, welcome!  (If you haven't noticed, some of us <blushes> really like
Lois's writing and can be a bit evangelistic on occasion.)

Ed