[LMB] another color question

Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan tora.smulders at gmail.com
Sat Jun 7 12:09:27 BST 2008

On Sat, Jun 7, 2008 at 2:42 AM, Becca <becca_price at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Are the colors in Dag and Fawn's marriage cords given?

The marriage cords were made with all sorts of natural fibers, weren't
they?  Hair from the horses, themselves, cattails, milkweed pods,
cotton, etc. etc. Something about it all being dyed dark with walnut
stain, but the referent is not clear if everything was dyed dark or
just the few things mentioned in that sentence.  Anyway, after that,
the cords are just referred to as being "dark".  With the gold beads
tied on to the ends.  One was a bit darker and the other had a more
coppery glint.  The coppery one was Dag's, I believe, perhaps from
Copperhead's tail hairs?

Anyway, that's all I can get from the book on the colors... not quite
the same thing as the colors in the 5GU!  :-)

-Tora