[LMB] Hard SF (was: How Many More "Sharing Knife" Books?)

Melanie Ley boxmel at cox.net
Thu Jun 12 14:09:21 BST 2008

On Mon, 9 Jun 2008 09:34:14 -0500, you wrote:

>On The Other Hand:
>Personally, when I read fantasy that includes magic, I like "hard fantasy"
>where there are rules and logic and reasonableness to the magic.  Fantasy
>where anything can happen no matter how dumb or silly has a much harder time
>holding my attention.

	We just might have a semantic misunderstanding here.  I don't
particularly care for "frothy" fantasy.  Fantasy/magic to me is
different than hard core SF space aliens, planet wars, etc.  I, too,
want rules, logic and reasonable magic.  I like Katherine Kerr, Anne
McCaffrey, Mercedes Lackey, Anne Bishop, Terry Brooks, David Coe,
anything Star Wars, Jennifer Fallon, Kate Elliott, Katherine Kurtz,
Tamora Pierce, Jenna Rhodes, Jennifer Roberson, Charles de Lint, Terry
Goodkind - to name a few - and I could go on.

Melanie