[LMB] OT School setworks

M. Haller Yamada thefabmadamem at yahoo.com
Fri Jun 13 06:54:30 BST 2008

Marilyn said:
 The knowlege that I got out of Old Man
and the Sea is that life can seriously suck. I didnt need a book to
teach me that, I learned that all on my own.

I think this is true problem I have with dark, gloom and doom literature. Life Can Suck? No duh! I knew that as a pre-schooler, jack.
Perhaps, though, there are many people with charmed lives who are "slumming it."
But I don't think that's true, either. My husband's grandmother went through a lot of nasty stuff, including the death of a toddler. But she still loved every sensationalized murder on the news, and she loved to dwell over morbid things. (Warning: TMI, possibly) A friend of mine died one August, and she asked me about the condition of the corpse. I just couldn't discuss that sort of thing objectively.
It's very mysterious to me. I LIKE happy endings. But not everyone does.
Micki