[LMB] Passages theme song?

V L'Ecuyer lecuyerv at gmail.com
Thu Jun 19 15:04:59 BST 2008

> Message: 3
> Date: Wed, 18 Jun 2008 12:13:53 -0400
> <nlbarber at mac.com>
> Subject: Re: [LMB] Passages theme song?
> To: "Discussion of the works of Lois McMaster   Bujold."
>        <lois-bujold at lists.herald.co.uk>
>
> At 9:18 AM -0400 6/18/08, Hendon, Alison wrote:
> >Bruce wrote:
> >>
> >>[snip] it might not be too hard to redo the
> >>  musical Oklahoma's song "The Farmer and Cowman should be
> >>  friends" as "The Farmers and the Lakemen should be friends".
> >>
> >I hear this as "The Farmers and Patrollers should be friends.."
> From: "Nancy L. Barber"
> I think someone has already filked this, though I don't seem to have
> saved it.  Victoria, was it you?  Maybe it was over on Baen's
> Bar, not here....

Yes, and yes. Excuse the formatting goofs.

The Lakewalkers and Farmers should be friends,

Oh, the Lakewalkers and Farmers should be friends.

One group links their fates with strings,

T'other's fixed on growing things,

But that's no reason why they can't be friends!

Frontier making folks should stick together

Frontier making folks should all be pals.

Sscouts court the farmers' daughters

Farmers court Lakewalker gals.

I'd like to say a bit about farmers

We brought them here to make a lot of changes

They came out here and built a lot of things

And opened up a passel of their ranges

The Lakewalkers and Farmers should be friends,

Oh, the Lakewalkers and Farmers should be friends.

Lakewalkers knife mud men with ease,

The Farmers cringe at war and disease,

But that's no reason why they can't be friends!

Frontier making folks should stick together

Frontier making folks should all be pals.

Scouts court the farmers' daughters

Farmers court Lakewalker gals.

I'd like to teach you all a little sayin'
And learn the words by heart the way you should
I don't say I'm no better than anybody else,
But I'll be damned if I ain't jist as good!
I don't say I'm no better than anybody else,
But I'll be damned if I ain't jist as good!

Frontier making folks should stick together

Frontier making folks should all be pals.

Scouts court the farmers' daughters

Farmers court Lakewalker gals.

Victoria