[LMB] OT: Japanese remote areas and kanji

Francis Turner francis.turner at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 08:47:02 BST 2008

On Tue, Jun 17, 2008 at 6:20 AM, M. Haller Yamada
<thefabmadamem at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Holy moly, Francis, Okinoshima is the back of the beyond!

So far in the back of beyond in fact that internet access became
distinctly spotty. But beautiful though. I hope the list won't mind
links to a few photos now that I'm back with the inlaws in not quite
such an back of beyond spot in Shimaneken

http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2595005190/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2594167073/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2594166551/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2594166199/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2594164391/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2594373684/
http://www.flickr.com/photos/dirtydingus/2594164391

More links may appear.

Oh and in order to drag this ever so slightly back Bujoldwards.
Recalling that herself is looking for names & things Japanese may I
suggest the possibility of brothers called "Shinya" and "Junya" Shinya
sounds very much like Senior and I really thought the guy called Junya
was actually Junior until I saw it written in Kanji

--
http://www.di2.nu/blog.htm
Faber's Fourth Law: