[LMB] OT School setworks

JenL jenl1625 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 20 17:34:27 BST 2008

On 6/20/08, Raye Johnsen <raye_j at yahoo.com> wrote:

> I don't know why, exactly (although I believe it may
> have been listening to my mother laugh and say proudly
> that her handwriting was unreadable, and then her
> handing me a shopping list she'd handwritten and
> asking me to go to the store)

Hee!  In my case, it was my dad who had the chicken-scratch handwriting
(that even he sometimes has difficulty reading) who complained at right
about that age that my handwriting wasn't good enough.  Within a few months
I had a really nice font, essentially, that I could speedwrite in very
legibly.  Worked very well through high school and college.  Then I got out
in the real world and did so much more typing than writing that my
handwriting's a mess these days.  (Not so much that it's unreadable as that
I'll go through about 3 different writing styles in a sentence.)

I don't
> know if I'm more irritated by the fact that other
> people don't have these skills (I've actually scored
> jobs on the fact that I could read the senior
> partner's writing!) - or that it was necessary for me
> to develop them in the first place.

Yah, it gets pretty annoying when the folks hired to take over the clerical
duties from you can't manage to read the boss' handwriting, but are too
afraid to tell him that so they keep coming to you. . . .   ;-)

jen