[LMB] OT: my friend's in a movie!

Tora K. Smulders-Srinivasan tora.smulders at gmail.com
Thu Jun 26 17:06:58 BST 2008

Hi All!

This is completely off off topic, but I just wanted to share that a
friend of mine is on the big screen.  I haven't seen the movie yet,
but it's the new Mike Myers movie "The Love Guru" and my friend is
Mike Myers' "apprentice" or sishyan, Myers is of course, the guru. My
friend's on the right in this picture that I've linked to:

<http://www.imdb.com/media/rm2611451648/tt0811138>

Like I said, I haven't seen it and it's got a lot of horrible reviews
(yes, I google him and the movie regularly), but my parents did see it
(our families are good friends and we went to school together), and my
dad said, "Manu did his part very well and his part appeared several
times; he even sang a song."  Doesn't actually say my dad liked the
movie, does it?  Oh well.  I'll definitely be going to see it when it
premieres in the UK, August 1st.  Or even earlier if I can.

Anyway, here's the imdb link to the film and my friend's imdb page below that.

<http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0811138/>

<http://www.imdb.com/name/nm1581440/>

It's just so cool to think I'll be able to go see him in a movie
theater soon!  And he's in thousands of theaters all across the USA
now.  By the way, I "starred" (well, was in the chorus) with him when
he was the lead in a high school musical ("South Pacific") and was in
Show Choir with him too.  The memories. ;-p

-Tora, who was thrilled enough to go see him in the touring show of
"Miss Saigon" many years ago (1996 or 1997?) and as the lead in
"Bombay Dreams" on Broadway in 2004.