[LMB] CO2 - Re: Butter Bugs! Well, almost.... OT:

Greg Hennessy greg.hennessy at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 02:37:49 BST 2008

> I have read, and I believe, and I will look up a reference if necessary,
> that CO2 is responsible for about 2% of warming, and water vapor, about
> 95%.  Methane, fluorocarbons, and other things, the other 3%.

Please do look up the reference, I think your numbers aren't even close
to reality.

Water vapor causes about 60 percent of the greenhouse
effect, CO2 about 25 percent. The numbers are uncertain
enough that you could add or subtract about 10 percentage
points from either number and I would accept it as reasonable.