[LMB] Happy Birthday!

Debra Cebulski debsabriel at earthlink.net
Fri Jun 27 03:47:17 BST 2008

Hi folks!

Thanks for the birthday wishes.  I'm sorry I've been away so long - things have been truly insane with me this year.

I had to go inpatient in the psych ward in January because I couldn't afford my medication.  Luckily I had applied for Medicaid and was approved in March.  I now have a temp-to-perm job at a local (Boston) nonprofit.  I've been working there for about three weeks.  The people there are fairly nice and the boss praises the least good thing that I do.  He's had several assistants who couldn't cut it, and I guess he's happy to have me.  The bummer is that this place is filled with temps and they don't bring anyone on board until they've been temping there for 6 months.  They have been reasonable about my doctor's appointments, although I am telling the new psychopharm that I'm only going to be seeing her every 3 months.  I want the chance to actually get away for a few days.  My next step up is going to be asking for Boxing Day off.  I want to be with my family in Philadelphia this Christmas.

I flew so much last year that I got a free ticket from Southwest.  Scott is flying up here in July for a weekend.  My brother had given me a free ticket a few years ago and turnabout is fair play.  I'm spending a lot of money on him, but his lobster dinner is free.  I was at a radio event with Senator Kennedy as the speaker and the senator's plane was late.  To engage the audience they had a round of presidential trivia.  I got one of the questions right and they said they'd send me a prize.  The prize turned out to be a $100 gift card to Legal Sea Foods (the best seafood restaurants in town).  Scott wants a whale watch and he's getting one.  He wants massage therapy and my sister-in-law is a massage therapist.  Her bill is probably going to run me $150.  Scott's health is uncertain - this could be his last visit to Boston and I want to make sure this visit is memorable.

I got Passage the week it came out and have devoured it about 6 times since then.  I can't wait for the next one to come out - and then the new Miles!!!!!!!!!  *Deb pauses a moment to do her patented Happy Dance*

I hope things are going well with all of you.

All the best,

Deb Cebulski