[LMB] Butter Bugs! Well, almost....

Peter Granzeau pgranzeau at cox.net
Fri Jun 27 15:47:38 BST 2008

At 06:10 PM 6/26/2008, Mark Allums wrote:
>Nick Pilon wrote:
>> On Thu, Jun 26, 2008 at 2:53 PM, Mark Allums <mark at allums.com> wrote:
>>> There is something that a lot of people overlook.  CO2 is not really a
>>> greenhouse gas, Al Gore notwithstanding.  The main greenhouse gas is
>>> water vapor, with methane running a distant second.
>>
>> http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Greenhouse_gas
>>
>> Wikipedia disagrees with you. I'd like a more detailed explanation of
>> your reasoning before I accept your statement, as Wikipedia (if
>> accurate) provides a fairly consistent and comprehensive
>> counter-statement.
>
>Wikipedia can go jump in the lake.  On a controversial subject,
>Wikipedia is controlled by idiots with an agenda.  Do not trust them on
>anything even mildly controversial, you are guaranteed to get the
>politically correct, not factually correct, information.

This entire discussion (a small part of which appears above) illustrates a problem I have--I don't know which side of the argument is actually right, and, as there's no authority which both sides will agree is correct, I get to flip a coin to decide who to believe.  With the predictable chance of being wrong half the time.

--
Regards, Pete
pgranzeau at cox.net