[LMB] Welcome Dalibor

Ed Burkhead ed at edburkhead.com
Sat Jun 28 04:53:35 BST 2008

Dalibor asked:
> Can I know which is your favorite Bujold book?
> My is ACC. By

Welcome, Dalibor!  We are glad you can join us.

Do you read Lois Bujold's books in English or in translation (in what
language)?

My favorite book depends a lot on my mood and which ones I have NOT read
recently.  ACC is, perhaps, my favorite.  It has many wonderful social and
personal events.  I am sure I've read it twice as many times as any other
Bujold book.

But I like all of them.

When I first read "Mirror Dance" I disliked it.  It was too stressful and
dark.  On a later re-reading, I found that the bad parts did not hurt as
much - I had read the book before.  So I could then enjoy all the good parts
of Mark overcoming his difficulties.

Cetaganda was too shallow for me the first time I read it.  It just wasn't
as good as the other books.  But when I read it a second time, then a third
time, I like it much better.

Lois packs so much into her books that they are good on many re-readings.

Please tell us more about yourself and what you like about Lois's books.

Ed