[LMB] OT Food...was Welcome Dalibor

NoRaCM at aol.com NoRaCM at aol.com
Sun Jun 29 00:37:02 BST 2008

In a message dated 6/28/2008 6:22:10 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mathews55 at msn.com writes:

Ma  Kosti's food seems a lot more European than American to me.
This just strikes me funny.  I'm an unenthusiastic cook born in Ohio  and
raised in Illinois.  When I married, my repertoire was limited to  coffee,
Thanksgiving dinner, baking breads and cakes, broiling a steak,  and both spaghetti
and macaroni and cheese.  Within 2 months, Passover  came and I learned do
chicken soup with matzoh balls, chopped liver, latkes,  etc.  Somehow I've just
never thought of Ma Kosti as producing that type of  European food.

Nora...who still remembers the day of blinding clarity and  brilliance when
she realized that French Fries were potatoes and could be  cut/produced at
home.