[LMB] AKICOT:L Thunderbird email setup

Francis Turner francis.turner at gmail.com
Mon Jun 30 16:48:14 BST 2008

Assuming Thunderbird hasn't screwed with a settign that has been in
Mozilla / Seamonkey for years (I use seamonkey) then what you do is

Edit, Mail & Newsgroup Account Settings

For the account(s) of interest, select "server settings" You should
see a panel wth options about downlading headers only, automatically
checking mail every X minutes etc.

In that section there is a "Leave messages on Server" checkbox with
two sub checkboxes one for "leave for N days" the other for "Until I
delete them"

Make your choice as desired and hit "Apply" if you have other email
accounts to change or OK if you are done

On Mon, Jun 30, 2008 at 4:35 PM, Tom Vinson <t.vinson at sbcglobal.net> wrote:
> I have had no luck finding this out in the Thunderbird documentation or on Mozillawiki, so I thought I'd post it here.
>
> Is there a way to set up Thunderbird so it does not delete email from an online SMTP server when it downloads it?  I like to keep things online so I can access them when I'm away from home.
>
> Thanks,
> Tom

http://www.di2.nu/blog.htm
Faber's Fourth Law:
 Necessity is the mother of strange bedfellows.