[LMB] OT: - Sex, Contraception, and Catch-22

Elizabeth McCoy arcangel at io.com
Thu May 8 01:29:25 BST 2008

At 6:01 PM -0500 5/7/08, Ed Burkhead wrote:
>I get irritated when people treat my wife in a similar way but usually don't
>make a scene about it.  Perhaps I should make a scene about such treatment.
>What do you think?

I'd suggest... Yes. Say, "Hey, that's her card" if they're handing you
the thing. Say, "She's paying for dinner" if they hand you the check.
Say, "Don't give me the keys; she wants to test drive it." Put hands
behind back or otherwise "I'm not touchin' that; it ain't mine" gestures.

One doesn't have to make a _big_ scene. Just... a point. Make people
check their assumptions. (At the door, even; obBujold. O:> )

(Around here -- the restaurants we go to, anyway -- restaurant bills are
set at the end of the table, and not handed to either person, or handed
to the person who has his/her hand up.)

I'd probably make more points myself, except I'm somewhat blind to certain
behaviors unless they're _really_ overt. *sigh*
--
--Beth, arcangel at io.com     http://www.io.com/~arcangel/