[LMB] Birthday Wishes to Carol Gray-Ricci

Bert Ricci razenna at earthlink.net
Wed May 28 00:46:27 BST 2008

Thank you for the birthday wishes.  I had almost forgotten it was my birthday until Bert came in with a printout of the wishes.

I am still around, but my computer isn't.  It was getting harder and harder to get it to do what I wanted, and at a time I was having a "world is too much with us" spell.

That included 1, going to the convention celebrating the centennial of Heinlein's birth, 2. going to stay with my mother several times because she was feeling "down", 3. going to my mother's for Thanksgiving and Christmas, which included mucho phone conversation about menus, because she shops and I cook, 4. a nasty fall (tripped over my own two feet, cut my chin and had bruises all over one side of my face, but no long term damage, for which my doctor called me "one tough lady) and 5. getting ready for BayCon, and trying to figure out how many books I could afford to buy.

I should have a new computer sometime next month, and will get back on the list.  Did anyone mention that, when I was getting Lois to sign the books of her's that had been published since she was last in San Francisco, she wanted to know "Is there any of my books you don't have?"

Now all that is out of the way, I wasn't thinking much about my birthday, since my mother's 100th birthday is Friday, and my sister-in-law, who lives on a small ranch just outside of the small town where my mother lives, has invited all of my generation to a celebration.  She is the only surviving member of her generation, so all the invitees have been working on what to bring, etc.  Several people in her town wanted to have a big party for everyone who knew her, but she wanted only family.  I don't think she threatened to stay home if they tried to give her a big party, but she made it quite clear that, with very poor vision and hearing, anything in a big meeting hall it torture.

Carol Gray-Ricci