[LMB] Komarr question

Rob Hymer rob.hymer at ntlworld.com
Thu Oct 2 18:23:12 BST 2008

Speaking as a former Tien, I would disagree that you are like this for good.
You can, normally after some monstrous train-wreck of a life decision, see
that it was your fault and yours alone and take responsibility for it. There
is, after all, a first time for everything. However, after that comes the
realisation that you have been, not an ass but a monster for your entire
life.
Putting things into a workable format after that takes years, if it ever
happens. This probably accounts for Komarr being my least favourite
Vorkosigan book - far too much like looking in a mirror. Things have come to
a poor pass when you see a section featuring Etienne Vorsoisson and thinking
'that's [cringe] just what I would have done'.

Rob

> Claire Nollet wrote:
>
>>No, no -- you know MY ex ...

And mine, alas.  There's a reason some of us find Tien much more believeable

than others do.

Megaera