[LMB] TSK:Horizon back cover blurb

Katrina Allis k.m.allis at gmail.com
Sat Oct 18 05:13:21 BST 2008

It used to be that I would read the first few pages and the last few of a
book and then decide whether or not I actually wanted to read the thing.  I
still go ahead and read the ending if I'm getting bored reading the middle
section.  It possibly has something to do with the need for reassurance that
the hard slog is going to be worth it.  I worked hard on training myself out
of that habit, just as I worked at remembering that reading a series *in
order* could help in understanding what was going on.  Took me a while,
though.

Once I've read the whole book once, I'll reread the ending; that's where the
emotional payoff is that I have previously invested by reading the rest of
the book another time, the scenes that make me go sq.

--
I have CDO.  It's like Obsessive Compulsive Disorder, only in alphabetical
order as it should be.

Prayer, he suspected as he hoisted himself up and turned for the door, was
putting one foot in front of the other.  Moving all the same.
Lois McMaster Bujold, _Curse of Chalion_