[LMB] Star Children, Indigo Children, and Placebos

JenL jenl1625 at gmail.com
Fri Oct 31 16:36:18 GMT 2008

On 10/31/08, Rachel Ganz <rachel at compromise.fsnet.co.uk> wrote:

> Indeed, that was exactly what I meant. Medical interventions don't cure,
> but they enable healing. The body has to do the mending -  though I at m not
> quite sure how prosthetics fit in with this theory. Or pacemakers

There's just something about that idea, or that phrasing, that sets off
alarm bells for me.  I guess it just seems to underemphasize the importance
of modern science-based medicine.  There are plenty of diseases out there
that the body can't shake off without help (or, if you did survive without
help, it would be with far more serious after-effects).

We might be too quick to rush for antibiotics these days (I *hate* that you
can't seem to find handsoap that isn't anti-microbial or some such), but I
wouldn't want to have pneumonia (or MRSA) and not be able to get the proper
medical treatment for it.

jen