[LMB] OT: Alternative Transport

CatMtn at aol.com CatMtn at aol.com
Wed Sep 3 02:40:39 BST 2008

In a message dated 9/2/2008 7:19:21 P.M. Eastern Daylight Time,
mmegaera at nwlink.com writes:

I don't  see how we can get to the point of completely eliminating private
transport of some kind in sparsely-populated areas -- even the Dendarii
Mountain folk have horses and a few rickety lightflyers  <g>.

Mary:

Yeah, I'm wondering how I'd have made the daily trek of 2 miles or so to  the
mailbox when we lived on Hanging Rock mountain.  Granted, it  was downhill
all the way--but the way back?  A nearly 30 degree  slope?

M.

deal here.