[LMB] OT: Alternative Transport

Tony Zbaraschuk tonyz at eskimo.com
Wed Sep 3 19:04:12 BST 2008

On Wed, Sep 03, 2008 at 01:39:54PM -0400, JenL wrote:
> > Yes, but the reason public transport is so inconvenient is
> > because so few people use it.
>
> I think we have a chicken-or-the-egg question here.  Personally, I don't use
> it because it's so inconvenient.  I've heard others tell me the same thing.
> Make it more convenient, and we'll gladly use it.

This essentially means "more capacity" or "faster service" and this
only works in areas of sufficiently high population density.  Large
areas of the US, regardless of whatever else may be going on, don't
have sufficiently high population density to make this practical.

Tony Z

--
When the safety people say too few kids are falling out of trees,
you know caution has gone too far. -- Joanne Jacobs