[LMB] OT: Sherwooding the Alternative Transport thread

Azalais Aranxta tiamat at tsoft.com
Sun Sep 7 23:54:20 BST 2008

On Sun, 7 Sep 2008, Peter Granzeau wrote:

> At 06:36 PM 9/6/2008, Damien Sullivan wrote:

> >> You know of a method of traveling any distance that doesn't
> >> involve driving?
> >
> >You quoted it.  Walk.  Not to mention bike or ride.  There's a
> >difference between "travel" and "travel fast".
>
> Okay.  You're 73, overweight, and diabetic (meaning neuropathy
> has removed your feet from feeling anything and your sense of
> balance is completely gone). You can't walk .4 miles to Warwick
> Blvd, much less 150 miles.

And you certainly shouldn't be driving a car with no feeling in
your feet and no sense of balance, unless it has been
substantially altered.  Yet no-one has yet mandated that the
Constitution grant you a private driver and car.  You have the
right to paratransit resources for the disabled:  in other words,
reliable (we hope) public transport.

~malfoy