[LMB] OT: Food Better Bought - meat pies, was Eggs Florentine

I iosef at gothic.net.au
Mon Sep 8 18:57:49 BST 2008

At 03:28 AM 9/09/2008, Elizabeth Holden wrote:
> > On Mon, 8 Sep 2008 11:40:30 -0400, athagan at atlantic.net >
>
> > AS to those, the best of them (ah, Smedley's!) came
> > from England, and they got mad-cow-ed out of the market.
>
>I disapprove.
Even Fray Bentos, one of the largest, took hits. First from the Falklands
war (Argentinean beef), and then from Mad-cow (despite Argentinean beef).
These days I cant find the Steak and Kidney pudding, or the Steak and
Mushroom Pie. Fortunately the Steak and Kidney pie is still available. Not
as good as a good home made, but long life pantry food for bad days: just
take a can opener to the top and bake. Do vegies while it cooks and you
have a meal.

Iestyn