[LMB] Lois-Bujold Digest, Vol 40, Issue 71

Carol Cooper carolcooper at shaw.ca
Tue Sep 9 21:10:14 BST 2008

Damien Sullivan wrote
Re: [LMB] OT: Transportation and others (long)

> On Tue, Sep 09, 2008 at 09:59:08AM -0700, Azalais Aranxta wrote:
>
> > I am sure that in Libertopia everyone has their own car, but what
> > roads are they driving them on, anyway?
>
> Toll roads!
>
> Twisty curvy toll roads to accomodate the landowners who refused to
> sell.
>
> -xx- Damien X-)

Ok, I'm absolutely not a Libertarian, so someone will have to explain to me
in very small words - why would Toll roads represent liberty?  It just means
that the wealthy can travel as much as they like, while the poor effectively
lose their right to travel because it becomes unaffordable.
Carol