[LMB] Food riff...Re: OT: Transportation and others (long)

Michael R N Dolbear little.egret at mrdolbear.freeserve.co.uk
Wed Sep 10 00:06:42 BST 2008

> From: kerry weisselberg <kerilli at gmail.com>
> Date: 09 September 2008 20:50

> > I never used to check labels at all, but I started on a low-carb diet
this
> spring and now avoid anything with more than 5g of carbohydrates per
100g.
> The sugar levels of a lot of processed foods are truly shocking. I don't

True, but like the salt level it's high because lots of people like it that
way and saying they ought not to doesn't cut it. See the attempts to
"reform" hospital and school food which result in the healthy food not
being eaten.

I don't see where you are coming from on 5g carbs per 100g . To achieve
this just add water and sawdust (bran).

Oatmeal is 60g carb per 100g so make oatmeal porridge and it's 8.1, that's
too much so dilute the oatmeal with 40% bran to get to 5.0 ?

No bread because it's 45g carb per 100g, bread and skimmed milk is still
above the 5% but bread and soya "milk" is OK ?

Pheasant casserole as nature intended for me.

We might agree on vegetables where anything high carb is also high in
calories but giving up beans, peas and potatoes even in small portions
seems odd.

Little Egret