[LMB] Birthday

Jim Parish jparish at siue.edu
Sun Sep 14 14:48:55 BST 2008

[The stout fellow comes on stage wearing, not academic robes, but the
Stuart tartans to which he is entitled. Ben follows, similarly garbed. A
couple of sprites circle overhead.]

Laddies and lassies, today is a braw day indeed.

[The buzzing of the sprites takes on a distinctly razzberry-ish quality.
The stout fellow glares at them.]

All right, no fake accent, I'm sorry. Today is the forty-fourth birthday of
Glaswegian listie Elizabeth Carabine. Though she missed out on the
festivities at Denvention, she is looking forward this month to a vacation
in Canada, where I expect she will encounter more than a few of our
northern listmembers. Elizabeth, here's to a glorious birthday, a
wonderful trip, and a happy and prosperous year!

[The stout fellow takes a pouch from his belt and tosses it to one of the
sprites. It dives to catch it, evading Ben's excited leap before speeding
down the aisle and heading for Scotland.]