[LMB] Loyal to what?

agnes at charrel.net agnes at charrel.net
Mon Sep 15 19:18:53 BST 2008

Quoting Damien Sullivan <phoenix at ugcs.caltech.edu> on possibilities of
getting Serg Betan treatment for his mental illness:

> Not knowing
> about Betan mental health would be a massive failure of ImpSec's "know
> everything" mentality.
>
> Putting value on such abilities, or being able to get a mad Crown Prince
> to make use of them, are other matters.

IMNSHO the biggest issue with Serg getting treated wouldn't be
consent, although they would have to find a 1) *good* Bethan therapist
2) willing to break their rules about consent to treatment (Metha only
overrode Cordelia's refusal of treatment because she was convinced by
the observations of other therapists and by the *Betan* military
hierarchy that she was a threat to national security).

The biggest issue would be to get the Vor to accept as their next
Emperor somebody who had been brainwashed by those corrupt, amoral
galactics. I don't see that doing much to prop up his already somewhat
shaky (5 other contenders with better rights by law and/or custom, per
textevd in SoH) claim to the throne.

Agnes