[LMB] Reading ricochets

Aratlithiel Aratlithiel at lightindarkplaces.net
Sun Sep 21 23:02:07 BST 2008

>>> I (Harimad) wrote:
>>>  Repeated attempts have shown me that I can't stand the Arthurian
>>> Legend,
>>> mostly because I hate seeing people throw away a good thing for dumb
>>> reasons.
>
>> Becca wrote:
>> Oh, I thought I was the only one! Repeated exposure to the Arthurian
>> legends
>> in various formats rapidly took me from "oh, how romantic!" to "how
>> incredibly
>> stupid - didn't these people *think*?"
>
> I haven't finished a single version I've attempted: Le Morte d'Arthur, the
> Once & Future King, the Mists of Avalon; you name it, I haven't finished
> it.
>
> - Harimad

Ever tried Mary Stewart's version?  (The Crystal Cave, The Hollow Hills, The
Last Enchantment and The Wicked Day)  I haven't read the series in years,
but I remember quite liking it -- once in my teens and then again in my
twenties.  I think her treatment was unique; she worked from Merlin's PoV
and had a different take on the magic of the day than most.

Carole