[LMB] OT: AKICOTL: The Roomba

Ed Burkhead ed at edburkhead.com
Wed Sep 24 02:35:18 BST 2008

The Roomba is a nice thing for daily or frequent touch-up.  It's not
designed for big jobs.  When we skip past a couple of days, then the cat and
dog hair accumulation would overwhelm the little thing.

We've had our just over three years.  There was one period when we let our
clutter overwhelm us and didn't use the Roomba for months.  During that
time, the charger got disconnected and the battery ran down and was ruined.
I got a replacement battery from amazon.com for $47 IIRC.  My fault, not the
gadget's.  Lead-acid batteries must not be allowed to deplete and stay
depleted.

I'd give it a mixed review for our needs.  I'd like to have one with much
larger capacity for vacuumed up stuff.

Ed