[LMB] green silk rooms

Becca becca_price at yahoo.com
Thu Sep 25 20:25:17 BST 2008

ah, thank you. This is the part I wanted:

"The really unforgivable acts are committed by calm men in beautiful green silk rooms, who deal death wholesale, by the shipload, without lust, or anger, or desire, or any redeeming emotion to excuse them but cold fear of some pretended future. But the crimes they hope to prevent in that future are imaginary. The ones they commit in the present-they are real."

I'm having an on-line discussion with my husband concerning a Topic Forbidden On This List, and it seemed appropriate.

-becca