[LMB] OT: AKICIF:Need new anti-virus program

Mark Allums mark at allums.com
Wed Apr 1 15:01:05 BST 2009

A. Sasha Wagner-Adamo wrote:
> Hi all!
>
> Grisoft is discontinuing support for AVG 7.5 Free and I've heard
> bad things about version 8.
>
> Does anybody have a recommendation for a good anti-virus
> program that will play nice with the Zonealarm firewall,
> Malwarebytes and Spybot S&D?
>
> Thanks,
> Sasha

They all have goods and bads, advantages and disadvantages.  I use
ZoneAlarm Internet Security.  It seems about as good as any.

A feature/bug of it is that is is constantly asking for permission for
things to run.  Like Windows Vista itself does, only different.  I
consider this a plus, but if you hate interruptions, you will not like
the highest security mode of ZoneAlarm Antivirus. This is in manual
mode; there is a more automatic mode that attempts to make the decisions
for you.

I endorse the free firewall software by ZoneAlarm, and recommend that
you consider the full security suite.

Mark Allums