[LMB] OT: AKICIF:Need new anti-virus program

Elizabeth Holden azurite at rogers.com
Wed Apr 1 22:22:51 BST 2009

Sasha wrote:

> > Grisoft is discontinuing support for AVG 7.5 Free and
> > I've heard bad things about version 8.

I am reasonably happy with version 8, but I do have a problem. I download a lot of pictures, and I can't figure out how to set it so it doesn't scan every item. That takes a long time.  There doesn't seem to be a way to shut it down temporarilty.

Keith answers:
> So, it might be a bit overprotective.

False reporting, you mean?

> My personal recommendation is AntiVir.  I set it up to do a
> nightly definition update and full computer scan.  It even shuts my
> computer down for me afterwards.  The basic edition is free, and
> that's what I use.  But I also don't download tones of files at home.

Is it possible to temporarily suspend it? I do download a lot - trying to find the balance there, the best of both worlds.

namaste,
Elizabeth