[LMB] Can Non-Vor become Vor?

scottwashburn at comcast.net scottwashburn at comcast.net
Wed Apr 1 22:30:52 BST 2009

It seems fairly obvious that at some point way back in Barrayar's history the Vor were invented. This is clearly a noble/warrior class title similar to what appeared in our own middle ages (and elsewhere in other cultures). In our world, titles of nobility could be conferred on people who were not born noble. It became rare as time went on and the class structure became solidified, but it could and did happen. What about on Barrayar? Could some non-Vor who did some extraordinary service for the Empire be raised up into the ranks of the Vor? What do you think?