[LMB] AKICOTL--ON topic: source for Aral's honor/reputation line?

Ed Burkhead ed at edburkhead.com
Thu Apr 2 04:55:29 BST 2009

Katherine,

Sorry, I shot from the hip and didn't read far enough to see what you really
wanted.

I think that Aral's definition of honor versus reputation is a semantic
assignment, trying to make rational use of words treated with overlapping
and contradictory use by most people.

I haven't found any philosophical or dictionary discrimination like Aral's.
I think it may be original with Lois or brought to us from her life
experience.

But, Lois's/Aral's definitions of the words provide a useful discrimination
on which to base one's life and behavior.

For philosophical online links to a similar discussion of honor versus
reputation, here's what I found in the time available:
http://www.democratdad.com/my_weblog/2007/10/integrity.html

http://www.diclib.com/cgi-bin/d1.cgi?l=en&base=en_law&page=showid&id=1998

Not much, I'm afraid.

Ed