[LMB] OT: Perhaps a useful phrase for the listserv?

B. Ross Ashley redlion at sff.net
Fri Apr 3 05:25:59 BST 2009

On Thu, 02 Apr 2009 14:42:22 -0400, Alex Haropulos <aharo at erols.com>
wrote:
> From a blog at NRO:

> "Emphasis added at no extra charge"

> Except for the fact that this listserv is text-only...

> How do we all indicate emphasis?

I've picked up the habit of putting emphasised phrases *between asterisks*, because most newsreader and email software I have uses bolds the words between asterisks. I use fore-and-aft _underscores_ for underlining titles, same reason. Usenet experience.

--
B. Ross Ashley http://brashley46.livejournal.com http://brashley46.no-ip.info
"It would be too painful to think that there are worlds somewhere