[LMB] OT: Fun

Harimad harimad2001 at yahoo.com
Fri Apr 3 12:18:43 BST 2009

> Ed wrote:
> * McDonald's never came in Styrofoam containers.
> Ah, those were the days.  The food sure stayed
> warm better. <sigh>

Funny thing, different perspective is.  When I read the list I immediately thought "THIS one represented real progress!" and a heartening sign of practical thinking by a large, important environmental organization.

Those who don't have an answering machine most likely[1] have voicemail.  And just about everyone has the option of having an answering machine.  I remember manning the phone tree to tell classmates school was closed for the day, and having to call some people back 5 or 6 times.  Those were not the days.

- Harimad

[1] Note, for ghu's sake, that I said "most likely" and not "certainly."  Keep in mind that this list, as are many things on the List, is North American-oriented.  The Challenger disaster had a far smaller effect elsewhere.[2]

[2] Before the Challenger disaster, there was Apollo 1.  Truly a worse disaster because the men burned to death.